Sunday, March 2, 2008

Alan Watts

This is perhaps the strangest thing I have ever listened to. "Imagine that you can change the temporal flow of your dreams, so you can live seventy years in one night." What the heck is wrong with this guy? I understood the point he was trying to get across maybe one-third of the time. A lot of the time I wasn't sure if he was speaking about Hinduism, Muslim, or Christianity. He kept on giving examples of what he was saying from the Bible as well as those weird books. I know Mr. Farrell said that the Hindu religion incorporates the idea that all other religions are right, but actually quoting them? I think I must have missed something that would clue me in. If anyone else understood the lecture any better, I would certainly appreciate a clarification. I mean come on, the guy was saying that the entire world was our mind and god's mind puting on a great dramactic performance, but I think he said that the two minds were one. Does he mean we are god? Weird, weird man.

No comments: